Electronic Health Records (EHR) & HIPAA Meaningful Use Incentives: Medicare & Medicaid
The Meaningful Use Rule was drafted and finalized by CMS. It outlines what are considered measures that demonstrate “meaningful use” of the EHR. Also, the rule included related requirements that must be met to qualify for Medicare or Medicaid EHR incentive dollars.
The rule in effect today includes Stage 1 requirements. There will be three stages or levels of measurement that must be met to meet meaningful use. The requirements to demonstrate meaningful use will become more stringent for stage 2 (delayed to 2014) and stage 3 (effective date TBA).
Course valid for: 2 months from receiving the login details. You will not have access to online content after you complete the course.
Type of License: One user license cannot be transferred after login is assigned.
Course Outline for: EHR & HIPAA Meaningful Use Incentives
- ARRA Overview – Title IV
- Meaningful Use Rule Overview
- Vendor Certification
- Medicare Incentives
- Medicare Advantage Incentives
- Medicaid Incentives
- Timeline – Incentives & Penalties
- EHR Technical and Meaningful Use Requirements
- What can be Done Now?
- Privacy & Security requirements
- Unit Summary
- Proposed Meaningful Use Stage 2 Requirements
- Stage 2 Draft Rule Overview
- Stage 2 Changes
- Stage 2 Eligible Health Care Professional (EP) Core Measures
- Stage 2 EP Core Measures
- Stage 2 EP Menu Measures
- Stage 2 Hospital Core Measures
- Stage 2 Hospital Menu Measures
- Changes in Measure requirements
- Clinical Quality Measures
- 2013 CQM Reporting – EPs & Hospitals
- Medicare Payment Penalty
- Medicaid Incentive Changes
- How to Prepare
Cost: $99 per employee
Please contact us for more information at Bob@hipaatraining.net or call (515) 865-4591.
All orders placed after 11 a.m. CST Monday through Friday will process by the next business day, except for New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. International shipping may take additional days.