HIPAA Audit Template Suite
The HIPAA Security Rule requires organizations, at a minimum, to conduct periodic internal audits to evaluate processes and procedures intended to secure confidential or “protected health information” (PHI) (45 CFR 164.308(a)(8)). It is often advisable to seek an external review or audit but the provisions of the security rule do not specifically require this. In most cases, this will be determined by the size of the organization, line of business, and, sometimes, contract requirements (i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, etc.). The purpose behind the audit is to determine if an organization has properly documented administrative, physical and technical security practices, policies, and procedures and generally meets the requirements of the rule.
Objective of HIPAA Audit and Evaluation for Compliance
The objective of HIPAA Audit includes the following activities:
1. Assess if all vulnerabilities have been addressed.
2. Verify that all compliance requirements have been met.
3. The objective of the Audit Control standard is to implement hardware, software, and/or procedural mechanisms that record and examine activity in information systems that contain or use electronic protected health information.
List of documents for HIPAA Audit Template:
- HIPAA Comprehensive Audit Checklist
- HIPAA Privacy & Security Audit Report – Sample
- HIPAA Security Abbreviated Audit Checklist final
- HIPAA Security Audit Executive Presentation
- Information Security Audit Template
For multi-entity licenses or templates, contact Bob Mehta at (515) 865-4591 for discounted pricing.
To view the license for the template, please visit https://www.training-hipaa.net/license-agreement-for-hipaa-security-policy-templates-suite/
All orders placed after 11 a.m. CST Monday through Friday will process by next business day, except for New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. International shipping may take additional days.
If you have placed order and you need urgent delivery of the product, please call us at (515) 865-4591 and we will try to ship the order on the same day. We can e-mail this product to you if you need. Please notify in comments section or send e-mail to Bob@training-HIPAA.Net